Incisive Media and brand name are committed to the journey in becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by the Sustainable Event Alliance, we aim to meet the International Standard ISO 20121. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues.
We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Incisive Media have partnered with Ecosphere+ to ensure all our remaining greenhouse gas emissions are offset. Working with Ecosphere+, we calculate the emissions from all our events, including those from event operations, venues and delegates. We then purchase the equivalent number of carbon offset credits to counter-act our activities. These credits are supporting the protection of vital rainforest in Peru, by funding conservation work and creating sustainable sources of income for locals to minimise incentives for deforestation.
For further information about the project please visit https://ecosphere.plus/cordillera-azul-2/
Computing Women in IT Excellence Awards
- 80% of food at the event is locally sourced.
- All Tea served is sustainable and is served in fully compostable disposable wear.
- Water is served in reusable glass jugs or bottles.
- Lighting throughout the venue is either energy efficient LED or motion sensored to reserve energy.
- Bike parking is available at the venue.
- The venue implement water saving measures such as automatic taps.
- All waste is recycled responsibly.
- Staff are trained in cleaning methods to reduce the use of excess chemicals.
- The venue hold a Gold Clean City Award Certificate from The City of London.
- The Venue reduce the lights, power and HVAC during set-ups, de-rigs and when rooms are not in use.
- No waste is sent to landfill & waste that cannot be recycled is taken by waste carrier and converted into energy.
- Surplus items left over from events are donated to charities and local primary schools or are reused in-house if appropriate: ie, notepads, pens.